Although I can proudly stay that I actually stuck to some of resolutions (hurray!), some of them did not play out like I had hoped... but there is always next year! For a quick look back at 2011, here's how well my resolution's went:
1. Taking the next step in my careerWell, I got promoted so I think you can say I succeeded! In October I was given more responsibility and a higher position within the company; it has definitely been a challenge and have learned a lot so far, but I am still learning and am very proud of what I have achieved to date.
2. Dance, Dance, Dance!Another success! After beginning the year with my Strictly Come Dancing fitness DVD, I quickly moved onto zumba and haven't looked back since. I continued with classes throughout the whole year, took part in a couple of charity events and am ready to start classes again on Wednesday.
3. The Personal LifeI was very vague about this in my resolutions post, mainly because I wasn't sure what I wanted from this, I just knew something had to change. But the good news is I've had some great time with brilliant friends over the past 12 months and I am now very happy being the girlfriend of @ultimatecoddy - I'm one very lucky lady! I genuinely feel like this year has been the best yet when it comes to my personal life and Daniel has played a big part in that; this is most definitely the happiest I think I have ever been!
Verdict: MASSIVE SUCCESS!
4. The LC IssueWhat can I say, 2011 has been absolutely incredible for The LC Issue; this is my baby and I'm so proud to see it grow! I did have a slow point during the summer but, since September, this blog has become more successful and it surprises me still that people take the time to read my posts; I really am so incredibly grateful! So, again, a massive THANK YOU to all of my followers and visitors.
Verdict: ANOTHER MASSIVE SUCCESS!
5. More Pictures!Sadly, I have to admit that I failed at this resolution. I always carried my digital camera on me but it really was crap (very temperamental!) and my iPhone 3GS camera isn't great - my only saviour was instagram! Still, I failed to take loads of photos over the year like I had hoped to, but I have a feeling that in 2012 this will change.... (see tomorrow's post! *wink!*)
6. Go and see a psychicUnfortunately another unsuccessful resolution. I did start to look this up at the beginning of the year but that's as far as this goal went. Although, after becoming more happier with my life, I felt like I didn't need to visit one, so I think that I wanted to visit a psychic to find answers that I didn't need, but I just didn't know it yet (are you still with me?!) Don't get me wrong, I still am intrigued to see what would be said, but this isn't something that I feel is urgent; perhaps I will give it a go one day...
And that's it, my 2011 in a nutshell! This has been a very interesting year (mainly of highs!), but I am definitely ready to tackle 2012 and make even more things happen for me - bring it on!